Where to get help
People and businesses affected by Wednesday’s tornado can find help at the following locations:
• Springdale businesses damaged by the storm are asked to call the Springdale Chamber of Commerce at (479) 872-2222.
• The American National Red Cross (1-800-733-2767) offers assistance.
• Hark at Excellerate Foundation has compiled a list of resources, which will be updated as needed. Information: Springdale Fayetteville Storm Relief Resources.
• Cross Church and Feed the 479 Compassion Center, 3157 W. Sunset Ave., is open to residents with dietary or clothing needs. The Salvation Army is set up to help at the Cross Church Recreation Building, 1709 Johnson Road, Springdale.
• The Northwest Arkansas Board of Realtors has funds available to assist those who are displaced or need financial assistance for housing-related issues. Information: https://www.nar.realtor/about-nar/grants-and-funding/realtors-relief-foundation.
• The Jones Center at 922 E. Emma Ave., Springdale, accepts donations as a drop-off location.
• The Samaritan Community Center is accepting donations of sleeping bags, air mattresses, blankets, gift cards and feminine hygiene products, as well as cash donations from 8:30 a.m. to noon today or 8 30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday at its center at 1211 W. Hudson Road in Rogers.
Source: NWA Democrat-Gazette