Applications are invited for the position of Application Developer x2 (Grade 8) [Email Address Removed] successful candidates will report to the Senior Manager: Applications.
· Interact with users to understand documented requirements · Analyze documented user requirements and translate them into system design artifacts · Document target system design in functional system specifications that recognize both the functional requirements of user as well as non-functional system requirements such as system stability, system performance (throughput), security metrics (role-based access). Design also includes the creation of data models or schemas and shows the relationship between application inputs (user interface) and the underlying schema/data model. · Document and update the various software and data models/schemes in the configuration database and version numbers in the configuration media library whenever new systems are designed and deployed.
Â· Facilitate sessions with various stakeholders and ensure system specifications are signed off. · Resolve complex technical design issues · Design successful enterprise systems integration in accordance with defined application strategies and architectures. Establish and maintain a consistent software development environment/workspace for various software projects Develop application logic using algorithms and flowcharts Produce clean and efficient code based on specifications Integrate third-party software components and systems Troubleshoot and resolve application defects/bugs Develop and create system packages for deployment in various environments (UAT and production) Deploy software to integration platforms, user acceptance and test environment (UAT) in accordance with the software development life cycle.
· Develop unit test plans and test cases · Perform unit testing · Develop integration test cases · Perform integration testing · Sign unit and integration test plans · Liaise with end users during functional testing of the software by end users · Provide support on all system activities (escalations). · Correctly diagnose, resolve, document and escalate business system incidents. Responsible for upholding service level agreements with IT users regarding business systems (escalated calls) Develop user training manuals Train users on new system(s) Adhere to change management process and configuration by completing change requests and submitting them for approval prior to deploying any software in UAT and production environments Update the digital media library with new system changes that have been implemented and ensure that software versions and version numbers are correct Comply with the published version of the IT department’s systems/products
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) or any three (3) year higher degree in Information Technology with software programming and database management (or equivalent) as course modules.
- Microsoft Certified Associate (one of three MCSD qualification certificates).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Platforms would be an advantage
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years as an application developer and system administrator.